21 Years After Dr. Joe’s Passing: The Investigation Moves Forward
Renewed Focus on Facts That Honor the Lost Boys
Today marks 21 years since Dr. Joseph Jachimczyk—our beloved “Dr. Joe”—passed away on December 7, 2004. He spent decades trying to give names to every boy lost in the Houston Mass Murders, and when he retired in 1995, three remained unidentified. His hope was that others would finish what he started.
One month ago, on November 7, Elmer Wayne Henley’s parole was denied until 2035—a victory we earned together. But the deeper work continues.
That’s why, today, I’m continuing my serialized investigation with a renewed focus: letting the documented facts speak for themselves so the last boys can finally get the truth they deserve.
In the first five parts (available right now), my research has already uncovered details many never expected to see:
During my first in-person interview with Dr. Sharon Derrick, she told me she did not have the 1973 Pasadena PD files or photographs—the very records that contain Henley’s original victim statements and burial locations. I brought my copies; we reviewed them together.
A Harris County agency misplaced a victim’s body, preventing DNA testing.
Multiple confirmed misidentifications among the original 27 victims—including Michael Baulch, listed for 40 years as Unknown #2 from the boatshed when he was actually Unknown #22 in Sam Rayburn forest.
Research in Serial Part 3 also shows two additional Sam Rayburn victims were misidentified—errors that remain uncorrected to this day.
“Extra bones” and mismatched measurements in a High Island grave that point to a possible 29th victim—and questions about why the search stopped despite credible leads to more burials (now lost beneath floodwaters).
In my two-part prison interview with Henley—the first in-depth one in decades—he revealed a 1987 immunity agreement from the Harris County DA tied to six hours of hypnotically refreshed confessions, confirming misidentifications he had argued about since the 1970s.
These findings come straight from recorded interviews, documents, and photographs included in the serials.
If you haven’t started yet, or if it’s time for a re-read with fresh eyes, here’s the complete set so far:
Serial Parts 1–5 – Available Now
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0FT75NBP9
(Latest: Serial Part 5 – the explosive second half of the Henley interview)
Thank you for walking this road with me. The boys deserve every bit of light we can shine.
With gratitude,
Barbara Gibson
P.S. Reply anytime—your thoughts and questions keep this moving forward.
Source & Full Documentation All evidence in this post is from my original research in: Houston Mass Murders: A Serial Investigation (Serial Parts 1–5) by Barbara Gibson Published October 2025 Available exclusively on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0FT75NBP9
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many Houston Mass Murders victims remain unidentified?
A: As of 2025, one boy still waits for his name — my research in Serial Parts 1–5 documents two lingering misidentifications from Sam Rayburn and “extra bones” from High Island that point to an additional victim.
Q: What did Dr. Sharon Derrick admit about the 1973 files?
A: In my 2010 interview, she said she did not have the Pasadena PD files or Henley’s statements — I brought my copies.
Q: Were Dean Corll victims misidentified in 1973?
A: Yes — my research proved multiple errors, including Michael Baulch (Unknown #22, Sam Rayburn) and Mark Scott (Unknown #15) and two others recovered from Sam Rayburn that remain uncorrected.
Q: What are the “extra bones” in the Houston Mass Murders case?
A: Discovered in 1973 during autopsy of the Delome/Baulch High Island grave — a second pelvis, sacrum, extra forearms, and more — clear evidence of a 29th victim as of May, 2010.




